Main Dish:Chicken and Bacon Kabobs
Side Dish: Grilled Zucchini
Dessert: Spicy Cherry Jello
Chicken and Bacon Kabobs
- Precook 8 pieces of bacon so that it is cooked but not crispy.
- Cut 3 chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Alternate chicken and bacon on skewers
- Place on grill and cook for a total of about 15 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- While still on the grill, brush kabobs with a low sugar BBQ sauce mixed with a couple of tablespoons of beer. Grill for an additional 1-2 minutes to allow sauce to warm up.
Slice 3 zucchinis into thick spears. Sprinkle liberally with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in a basket or on tinfoil as the zucchini can fall apart if cooked too long or if sliced too thinly. Grill for 5-6 minutes on each side depending on how crispy you would like it to be.
Mix 1 .3oz box of sugar-free cherry jello with one cup of boiling water and stir until well dissolved. Add one cup of cold sugar-free ginger ale in place of the cold water. Stir well and chill. The ginger ale gives the jello a slightly fizzy texture and adds extra fullness and a little spiciness to the somewhat bland jello. Even my pickiest eater loved this!