This recipe was inspired byPoblano & Flank Steak Stew found at Food52.
- 1lb Tenderized Flank Steak
- 1 Large Anaheim Chile
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Yellow Squash, peeled, diced into 1" cubes
- 1/2 Small Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Can Rotel Tomato & Green Chile
- 4 Cups Beef Broth
- 1t. Cumin
- 1t. Chile Powder
- 1t. salt
- 1t. pepper
1) Roast Chile
Rinse and dry outside of whole chile, hold over open flame or under broiler (on a cookie sheet or tinfoil) until skin is blistered and blackened. Remove from heat source and wrap in tinfoil for at least 15 minutes. Peel off skin and remove seeds. Chop chile into small pieces.
Cheat: Use 2 small cans of green chiles
2) Brown Meat. Cut meat into bite size pieces and brown in 1T of olive oil. Remove from pan and set aside.
3) Add chopped cilantro, onion and yellow squash. Saute until squash is golden brown.
4) Add garlic, spices, Rotel and return meat to pan. Add 4 cups of beef stock Simmer for about 1.5 hours.
5) For a creamier soup add about 1/2C cream to the soup once it is done simmering. Do not let soup boil after you add the cream.
Aprox: 230 Calories, 7 grams net carbs for 1/4th of recipe.