If a dog does something stupid, lets say chase a lizard into a rose bush, will it do it a second time? Maybe.
A third time? Highly unlikely.
Why? Juicy lizards are evidently very tasty, getting stabbed with thorns - not so much!*
I wish I could say I was as smart as a dog. Time after time when I am tired, lazy or stressed out I tend to reward myself with a treat. One treat every two or three weeks is not the end of the world. When I have two weeks of treats because of stress and pain from medical procedures I feel like crap. I'm moody, no energy, always hungry and just plain don't feel well (on TOP of the discomfort from the procedure). I'm running my diet right into the rose bush and getting stabbed, and then doing it again the next day. I think my husband's favorite quote, "You big knucklehead!" is appropriate in this situation. He doesn't say that to me, but maybe he should! I need to learn that my treat is NOT to eat that sugar, and my reward is feeling good. Weight loss is an added bonus. (Remind me of this when my biopsy results come back! Good or bad, my first instinct will be to go eat something special!)
</End Pity Party>
Tomorrow is a new day. Thank goodness there is nothing that says you can't hit the "diet reboot" button one more time. I have heard from several of you that you have been in the same position many times.
Don't give up!
My menu is made for the week, groceries bought and my resolve refreshed. How can I not be excited to have these yummy things to look forward to?!
- Pepper Crusted Burger with Smoked Gouda, Baby Spinach and Sauteed Onions
- Cauliflower Casserole with a Chopped Broccoli and Cheese Topping
- Chicken, Raspberry & Pecan Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Shredded Zucchini with Green Onions & Scrambled Eggs (Like hashbrowns, but with Zucchini instead of potatoes)
- Chicken Chimichangas & Guacamole; Sliced jicama with lime and chile powder
- Green Beans Sauteed with Sesame Oil, Garlic & Sesame Seeds
- Chipotle Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Homemade Salsa
- Ice Cold San Pellegrino with sliced lime and strawberry (in a fancy glass, of course!)
- Jasmine Green iced tea
- Vanilla Coffee with cream and cinnamon
I hope to have my Easter menu planned by Thursday. I will share what I plan to make and then next week I will have recipes that will focus on using up those hard boiled eggs and ham or turkey.
* This story is based on actual events. No lizards (that I know of) were actually hurt, and the dog has learned her lesson.